This document describes how we (ADS VZ) collect, use, and treat your information that we collect while you use our services as well as the cookies that we use.
In this Privacy Statement, your information and data is collectively referred to as “user information.” And we use the term “process” to mean any operation or set of operations performed on user information, whether by automated means or otherwise, including, without limitation, handling, collecting, storing, recording, organizing, structuring, adapting, altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing, disseminating (or otherwise making available), combining, erasing, or destroying.
What User Information Do We Collect?
When you use our services, we may collect the following user information about you:
- – If you create an account, we collect the username that you select for your account, and the email address that you use when signing up for an account.
- – When browsing our services, we collect your IP address, browser user agent, HTTP request path, HTTP referrer, and HTTP version.
- – User session parameters
We may also use your IP address to determine your general geographic location and store that information.
We will also collect any other information and data that you willingly provide to us when contacting us in any form of communication for any reason, including your email address.
We also collect information about page views, thumbnail/video views and clicks, and likes and dislikes. However, such information is anonymized and aggregated, and is not associated with your account or any personally identifiable information.
Why Do We Collect User Information and How Do We Use It?
We collect user information for a wide range of reasons, including, without limitation, as follows:
- – To provide you the services available on and through our services.
- – To collect information about the quality of traffic on our services for analysis, internal business, and security purposes.
- – To check for and protect against fraud, bots, or any other type of inorganic traffic for the benefit of users, affiliates, advertisers, and other parties.
- – To comply with legal obligations to which we may be subject (e.g., court orders, subpoenas, warrants, etc.).
- – For our legitimate interests or those of third parties in compliance with applicable law. A legitimate interest includes, without limitation, when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. Examples of such purposes include, but are not limited to: (i) initiating legal claims and preparing for litigation and other dispute resolution proceedings and procedures, (ii) measures to manage business and for further developing products and services, (iii) to promote safety, security, and operation of our services, including by investigating suspicious or fraudulent activities or violations of rules, laws, or procedures, and (iv) providing you the services available on and through our services.
- – Other compatible purposes for which the user information was collected.
Please note that certain user information may be used for multiple purposes and more than one reason for processing personal data may apply in each situation.
Without limiting the generality of any of the foregoing, IP addresses, browser user agent, HTTP request path, and HTTP referrer information are used to analyze your activity on our services and create statistics for the use of our services. IP addresses, browser user agents, HTTP request paths, HTTP referrers, and HTTP versions are also used to monitor and track errors and service outages. Use session parameters are used to analyze user activity on our services. Information about page views, thumbnail/video clicks, and likes/dislikes are used to rank and generate search results and to otherwise organize content on our services.
If you provide feedback, your feedback and email address used to provide that feedback is used to communicate with you (including by responding to your feedback and/or reacting to abuse) and to improve our services.
You are not subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you. However, automated processes are used to review traffic through our system to detect and block spam, fraud, and other unlawful or undesirable activities.
Where Is User Information Stored and Who Receives It?
User information is stored on servers managed and operated by us, but which may be owned by third-parties (e.g., Amazon Web Services). We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect user information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For instance, we store user information on servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
Currently, except as otherwise set forth herein, user information is transferred to and stored on servers located in the Netherlands. However, user visit statistics and session data are stored on servers located in Germany and in the United States. User information provided in connection with your communications with us are stored in Germany. We may change the location of the storage of user information from time to time at our sole discretion subject to applicable law.
User information may also be provided or collected by third-party affiliates for analytical purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we use Google Analytics and Yandex Metrica for analytical purposes. These affiliates may be located in multiple places, including outside of your own jurisdiction (meaning, if you are in the European Union, for instance, they may be located outside of the European Union). You are encouraged to review their separate privacy documents to determine what further information they may collect from you themselves and how they use the information that they obtain. We have no control or responsibility over any third-party’s use of information that they collect from you.
We do not sell user information, though user information may be provided to our affiliates for targeted advertising. However, we may change this policy from time to time at our sole discretion subject to applicable law. We currently use the following advertising affiliates, and you are encouraged to carefully review their privacy documents:
- Exoclick: https://www.exoclick.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/
- Twinred: https://www.twinred.com/privacy-policy/
- Clickadu: https://www.clickadu.com/en/privacy
- Trafficstars: https://trafficstars.com/privacy
We may disclose user information to third parties when required to do so by law or in the event that we must initiate or otherwise engage in litigation or other dispute resolution proceedings and procedures.
How Long Do We Keep User Information?
Username and email information is kept indefinitely. IP addresses, browser user agents, HTTP request paths, HTTP referrers, and HTTP versions are kept for up to two years. User feedback/communications and email addresses associated with such feedback and communications are kept indefinitely. User session parameters are kept for up to two years.
What Are Your Rights?
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the following rights in terms of your user information that can be used to personally identify you:
- – The right to access. You may have the right to receive a copy of your personal data.
- – The right to rectification. You may have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- – The right to erasure. In some circumstances, you may have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay.
- – The right to object to or restrict processing. Under some circumstances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data or request restricting the processing of your personal data.
- – The right to data portability. You may have the request to receive a copy of your personal data in a format that can be transmitted to other organizations.
- – The right to complain to a supervisory authority. You may have the right to complain to your relevant supervisory authority.
- – The right to withdraw consent. You may have the right to withdraw consents that you have given to us regarding the processing of your personal data.
A cookie is a small file that is being delivered to you through the webpages of our services and that is being stored on your computer. Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer, mobile device or other device. The information stored in cookies is being used by us each time you visit our services. Cookies help us to analyze the traffic to and from our services and deliver our visitors a better experience during their visit.
Cookie consent and Withdrawing Consent
You can block cookies for other websites by following third-party opt-out instructions. One way of doing this is to change your internet browser settings by following the instructions provided by your browser provider. These are normally located within the ‘Help’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Edit’ menus. You can also use a third party tool to manage cookies.
If you know the third party cookie that’s being used, you can follow their instructions to opt-out. For example, you can opt-out from Google Analytics cookies by visiting Google’s website. However, this may not delete the cookie from your browser altogether. It may just stop the cookie from being sent to your computer in the future.
Some web browsers let you delete cookies completely. If your browser allows it, you’ll be able to change your settings to delete cookies when the browser is closed.
If you do not accept the cookies you will still be able to browse our services but some parts of the services will not work properly. In this sense, we are not responsible for any possible inconvenience regarding the proper functioning of the website and the server.
Types of cookies we use
Persistent cookies – By using a persistent cookie, we can recognize you when you visit our services. We use this for analytical purposes and tailoring the site to your preferences. This way you do not have to set your preferences every time you visit our site, thus saving time and making your use of our site more pleasant. These cookies can be removed through the settings of your browser.
Session based cookies – By using a session based cookie, we can see which parts of the service you have viewed during your visit. With that information, we can optimize and adapt the service as much as possible to the surfing behavior of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
Cookies we use
Analytical cookies – Our services use first party and third party analytical cookies to collect information about your visit to our services.
(i) First Party Analytics – We place our own analytical cookie. The information in this persistent cookie has a retention period of 12 months. We consider the data we process through analytical cookies anonymous, since this information does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person.
(ii) Third Party Analytics – A third party analytical cookie is placed by our third party analytics affiliates as part of our use of their analytics services. Those analytics services may transfer this information to third parties only when required by law or in cases where third parties process the information on their behalf. We have no influence on this. We have not allowed those services to use the information acquired through the analytical cookies for other services or advertisements. The information those services collect is anonymized as much as possible. We have asked them to anonymize any IP-addresses by changing the last octet of each IP. The information is transmitted to the third-party service and stored on their own servers in the jurisdictions of their choices. Where available, we execute data processing agreements with our third-party services.
Language filter cookie – We store your language setting in a persistent cookie after you click on that feature. This cookie can be removed through the settings of your browser.
If you would like to contact us regarding this privacy statement, cookies, and the matters set forth herein, you can reach us as follows:
Email Address: [email protected]